Sunday, June 26, 2011

My sister, the bride.

 My beautiful sister, Katie, got married last weekend. It was such a fun, gorgeous wedding. I am over the top proud of my little sis.
 I knew I would cry during the wedding. Seeing her walk down the aisle. Seeing my dad give her away to be married. But I did not know that I would feel so completely emotionally connected with my sister on that day. Literally every time she shed a tear I was there crying too. Before the wedding, I could sense when she was getting overwhelmed or anxious, and I was there to help calm her down. It was a special day for me too. Being that rock for her on the day that would change her life forever. I will never forget it. 


I am so happy that she got this wedding. It was so perfect for her. It was all I envisioned she should have on her big day marrying the man of her dreams. I had some moments that were especially hard for me. I did not have a wedding of my own, per say. I just got married in the mayors office, which is fine. I did not have my dad there to lift my veil and give me away. I did not have all my brothers and sisters and close family present to be there an support me. All these decisions were mine, and I can not go back in time to change them. But I will cherish this day that Katie had.  She is my sister, and she deserves the best..... And she got it!
I wanna thank all the family that helped katie have her special day! Kate, Dad and Mom, All the grandparents that pitched in here and there. You guys rock! Can not believe my little sister is a wife, now. WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment