Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Proud Mommy Moment

Lincoln.

My sweet 4.5 year old still inspires, surprises and amazes me constantly. He has a sweet heart and is so curious to know more about his world right now. I just have to share a special moment I caught him in yesterday that warmed my heart. As I mentioned before I just started watching three other boys in our house and so we have a house full of 5 boys under 5 and boy is that an adventure and a whole other blog post.

At 1 in the afternoon I get all the boys down for nap except for Lincoln who gets his alone time, and I set him up on a movie while the rest of us get some shut eye.

I fell asleep with the other boys and woke up a little later wanting to check on Lincoln and make sure he did not turn on a different movie or something, and was so happily surprised by what I found. Lincoln was not watching a movie at all! He had gotten his preschool workbook and his markers and was tracing letters and coloring! He was very excited to show me the work he had done, and was not paying attention to the movie I had put on for him.

I know it seems like such a small thing but it brought a smile to my face to see my sweet independent boy really doing his own thing. I love this little man. Just had to share my proud mommy moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment