Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trust vs. Fear



trust  /trəst/
Noun
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
Verb
Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.
Synonyms
noun.  confidence - faith - credit - reliance - belief
verb.  believe - confide - rely - credit - hope - entrust


vs. 


fear  
/fi(ə)r/
Noun
An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.
Verb
Be afraid of (someone or something) as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening: "farmers fear that they will lose business".
Synonyms
noun.  dread - fright - apprehension - funk - awe - alarm
verb.  be afraid - dread - apprehend - funk - be afraid of



I have been trying to spend a lot of time lately in my Sacred Pregnancy book. There are weekly topics and you do them almost like devotionals, journaling and reflecting on each subject. I have been struggling with fear lately, I know it has a lot to do with being told lots of scary stories as a doula. So I randomly flipped to a week and came to week 22: TRUST, and it was EXACTLY what I needed.


Inhale Trust...Exhale Fear...

this has become my mantra each night as I fall asleep. I do this little exercise if someone has shared a not so pleasant birth story with me, or if I am feeling particularly stressed. I focus on Inhaling trust, and Exhaling all the fear. 

When I breath in trust I envision a strong chain link armor pulling across my body. This armor protects me and gives me strength.  It is impenetrable and unbreakable. I am safe. 

TRUST


When I exhale fear I think about this gross black smoke cloud emitting from my mouth. I like to think it is all the toxic thoughts and insecurities that nag at me and they are just exiting my body. 
FEAR


Here is my most favorite quote that I want to write so big and hang in my birth space:

"Have confidence that your baby is growing perfectly and that you will be able to deliver your child with ease and in harmony with the universe. "


I will!!! I do!!! I am!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment